Nitrogen for draft beer began in the late 50’s initially as a solution to a draft conundrum at the St. James Gate Brewery in Dublin. Using Nitrogen for draft beer has two primary purposes.
1) Developing Nitrogenated beer styles that deliver a cascading presentation, and lower CO2 content for an alternate flavor profile.
2) High-pressure/long distance applications: in which nitrogen (an inert gas) is blended with a specific percentage of CO2 to prevent a foamy beer train at the tap.
Blending Nitrogen and CO2
Finding the right blend is key, Milcarb's B2U gas blender offers two gas outputs pre-set for a 25/75% and a 60/40% CO2/Nitrogen draft beer gas blend. These blends are the most common in craft breweries and draft houses, however 70/30%, and 50/50% are beginning to see a spike in popularity based on specific draft system needs.
The result is a perfect draught beer that is not over or under carbonated and has a great presentation when it is served.
N2U Draft Beer Nitrogen Generators
As opposed to tanks, Milcarb’s N2U Nitrogen generators use advanced membrane technology to pull nitrogen from the air. Unless you’re serving a very low volume of nitrogenated drinks, generators ultimately pay for themselves by replacing tank delivery, and tank rental costs. As opposed to large bulk Nitrogen systems, generators are less expensive. Also, finding a provider for bulk nitrogen can be a challenge as the number of gas suppliers that offer the service is limited.
Equally important, generators eliminate the need to change tanks and the resulting hassle, as well as lost sales if a tank runs out and your operation doesn’t have a back up. Beverage gas never runs out when it’s convenient; chances are it’s going to be the rush. That means downtime, lost sales and — perhaps worst of all — comments like “what are you brewing the beer now?” Much, much better to get a “set it, and forget it” system.
Best of all — the unlimited, on-demand nitrogen that comes with a MilCarb N2U nitrogen generator doesn’t just stop at Draught Beer, but can be used for your cold-brew coffee, Tea, craft cocktails, juice and beyond.
Learn more about the N2U Nitrogen Generator from MilCarb here.
Nitrogen Generator Models
• 51'' H X 19" W X 13" D
• WEIGHT - 97 lbs (108 w/ gas blender)
• VOLUME - 14 SCFH
• PUSHES UP TO 200 KEGS PER MONTH
• 40.5" H X 15" W X 13" D
• WEIGHT - 79 lbs (90 w/ gas blender)
• VOLUME - 3 SCFH
• PUSHES UP TO 100 KEGS PER MONTH
• ALSO AVAILABLE WITH EXTERNAL GAS BLENDER:
• 51'' H X 19" W X 13" D
• WEIGHT - 108 lbs (115 w/ gas blender)
• VOLUME - 32 SCFH
• PUSHES 200+ KEGS PER MONTH
• ALL-IN-ONE SYSTEM
• SLEEK, COMPACT DESIGN
• QUIET OPERATION
• LOW OPERATING COST
• NO ACCESSORIES NEEDED