20' Polar(R) Bulk Transfer Hose(s) Liquid & Vapor
Flexible Components brand Polar Hose overcomes the problems caused by misapplication of rubber hoses used in earlier carbon dioxide transfer applications. Typically, these were rubber hoses designed for hydraulic uses. They were not resisitant to deterioration caused when rubber comes in contact with carbon dioxide. They had reinforcing braids and fittings made from carbon steel, which were susceptible to corrosion from carbonic acid that forms when Co2 combines with moisture. They tended to crack due to the cold temperatures associated with Co2 transfer and could become stiff, brittle, and hard to handle.
Later attempts to use stainless steel cryogenic transfer hoses avoided some of these problems. Metal hose remained flexible in the cold but was much heavier and harder to handle. In addition, corrugations inside metal hose can trap solid Co2 ice, causing plugging of hose, valves, and pipes during Co2 transfer.
Features & Benefits
- -65 to 212 F Temp Range.
- 450 PSIG Max Working Pressure.
- Specifically designed for bulk CO2 transfer.
- Uses a specially formulated elastomer that is compatible withCo2 and low temperatures.
- Strength and durability from stainless steel braids and non-corrosive fittings.
- Best Choice for Co2 Bulk Liquid transfer